Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Happy Belated Birthday!

I've never been one to, you know, be on time when it comes to loved ones birthdays.  They understand (I hope), and know I have the best of intentions (I do!  Honestly!)  So, when my dear Nephew turned 3 in March-his gift from me existed only in my brain.

My Brother is one who is passionate about all things mechanical (and rusty, and smelling of gasoline-but I digress)  He "rescued" this (previously owned by our Great Grandfather) 1941 Ford from our Grandfather's barn and has restored it to it's former glory*.

*while retaining some of it's "patina" as my brother puts it

it's restoration has become a family affair

that's my Nephew, by the way.  Here's a close up
How cute is he?

So, when I happened upon Made's 90 minute shirt and freezer paper stencil tutorials, I instantly decided that he needed a shirt for all those car shows this summer.
So, there you go buddy.  Happy 3rd Birthday (late)...hope it fits, hope you like it, and remember that Auntie Sara loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment